The upright vacuums in the Shark az1000 series provide the ultimate cleaning experience.
Shark has thrown the kitchen sink at this vacuum and this shark combines all of sharks’ latest features to provide one of the most versatile upright vacuums on the market.
Have a look at our review of the Shark az1000w vs. az1002 to see the difference between these vacuums.
If you are in a hurry you can have a look at the comparison table below to get a brief overview of the main differences between these two vacuums.
Table of Contents
Shark AZ1000w vs AZ1002 – The similarities
|Dust Cup Capacity – 1.5 dry quarts|
|Weight – 17.7 lbs.|
|Duo Clean Technology|
|Zero M Cleaning Brush roll|
|Powered Liftaway Model|
|Advanced Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus HEPA filter|
|Cord Length – 30 feet|
|Hose length – 5.5 feet|
|LED lights – On floor nozzle and handle|
|Cleaning path – 11 inches|
Shark AZ1000w vs AZ1002 – The differences
|The main difference between these two vacuums is the accessories that come with them. Have a look at our breakdown below:|
(Note: Accessories might differ depending on which retailer you purchase the vacuum from)
Shark AZ1000w vs AZ1002 – The differences
The main difference between these two vacuums is the accessories that come with them. Have a look at our breakdown below to see which accessories come with each model:
- AZ1000W – Comes with a 12 crevice tool and a pet multi tool
- AZ1002 – Comes with a 12 crevice tool, upholstery tool and a pet power brush
Other vacuums in the AZ1000 series
There are a few other vacuums in the AZ1000 series. The vacuum is the same what differs is the accessories that come with each model and the warehouse/ factory where the model comes from.
AZ1002BRN – This model comes with a 12 crevice tool, pet multi tool and a pet power brush. It is also manufactured in a different factory.
AZ1000 – This model comes with a 12 crevice tool and an upholstery tool.
AZ1002C – This model comes from a different warehouse, it comes with a 12 crevice tool, upholstery tool.
Overview of the Shark az1002 Model
What is Duo Clean Brush roll
Duo clean technology allow for efficient cleaning on all floor types.
The dual brush roll allows the vacuum to pick up large particles, small particles and stuck-on dust that you would usually find on hardwood floors.
The bristle brush is ideal for cleaning carpets and the soft brush roll pulls in larger particles and work on floors to provide a more polished look.
This makes the Shark az1002 model ideal for high pile carpets, low pile carpets and hardwood floors. It performs well on all floor types.
What is Zero M Cleaning Brush Roll
The self-cleaning brush roll has a series of protrusions that constantly remove hair from the brush roll as you vacuum instead of having to manually do this task.
This feature along with the large dust cup capacity makes the az1002 model ideal for pet owners.
What is PoweredLiftaway
The powered liftaway feature refers to shark vacuums that have a detachable canister.
This feature extends the reach of the vacuum and allows you to reach hard to reach areas and above ground areas while maintaining optimal vacuuming power in the main vacuum head.
Detailed Comparison of the Features
- Cleaning Performance – With the addition of the duoclean feature, the self-cleaning brush roll and the powered liftaway feature this vacuum is ideal for cleaning up pet hair, hardwood floors, low pile carpets and high pile carpets.
- Weight & Dust cup capacity – The az1002 has quite a large dust cup capacity compared to other shark vacuums at 1.5 quarts.
While is not as large as the dust cup capacity of 2.2 on the zu62 model it is quite sufficient. The az1002 is however quite heavy when compared to other shark vacuums
- Maneuverability – The AZ1002 models has the powered liftaway feature. The powered liftaway feature allows you to separate the vacuum canister and reach hard to reach spaces such as under furniture or above ground.
This model also has swivel steering and the smooth-gliding wheels make it easy to maneuver around furniture.
- Accessories – Both vacuums come with a similar amount of accessories. We recommend you double-check the accessories that come with the vacuum. Sometimes the retailers don’t include all the accessories.
- Cost – Since this is one of the newer models in the shark vacuum arsenal it is not cheap. If cost is a factor you might want to have a look at the shark nv360 model or the shark nv352 model.
- Size and Dimensions – The size of the az1002 model are:- 11.2″ L X 12.2″ W X 46″ H
What we like (PROS)
- Duoclean brush roll makes it ideal for both hardwood floors and carpets
- Zero m self-cleaning brush-rolls so you don’t have to worry about cutting hair from the brush roll. This makes it a good option to vacuum pet hair.
- Good all round vacuum
- Versatile – has powered liftaway feature plus variety of accessories
What we dislike (CONS)
- A bit expensive
- A bit on the heavy side